PORCELAIN TRIP – An Outing for the Whole Family
Every Saturday at 10:30 am, we invite you to join us on a personal tour of the Porzellanikon Selb.
A theme that still thrives in this region: porcelain! The Fichtelgebirge (Fichtel Mountains) and neighbouring Oberpfalz (Upper Palatinate) regions are still the heart of the European and German porcelain industry. Companies like BHS tabletop, Dibbern Porcelain Manufactory, Rosenthal, Seltmann and Walküre are some of the leading names in the industry.
Experience porcelain live
If you are interested in finding out something about porcelain, then you simply must pay a visit to the Porzellanikon – Staatliches Museum für Porzellan, Hohenberg an der Eger / Selb. Everything in the museum is authentic. Live Demonstrations show visitors the Production methods and history of “White Gold” in a fun and interesting way. Excellent scenography and audio-visual media invite visitors to marvel at the exhibits and learn more. Lifestyle, art and design of the past, present and future – Porzellanikon is always reinventing itself.
Our idea of an excursion into the world of porcelain:
- Admission and guided tour (for at least 15 people) of the Porzellanikon Selb (approx. 1.5 hours) + small porcelain souvenir
- Bountiful Franconian lunch of your choice at the “Altes Brennhaus” Restaurant
- Opportunity to purchase brand-name porcelain, lifestyle objects and fashion at the Rosenthal Outlet Center
- Show your ticket stub from your visit to the museum and get €5 off when you spend €25 or more on Rosenthal brands
- A break for coffee and cake at the Fabrik Café in the Rosenthal Outlet Center
- Take a look at our Flyer for more information.